So it is this time of the year that people exchange gifts. Giving and getting (!=boring) gifts have been always fun. So why we don’t give it a try? With over 300+ members across Australia, there should be enough people who would be keen to share great feelings!
We are in cyber infosec cyber community which makes it more interesting to see your cyber gifts ideas. Is there going to be someone giving out Use-After-Free 0days, teaching a new exploitation method, or a new CTF tactic? It can be also classic gifts such as vouchers for events, mugs, t-shirts, etc. There is no rule, use your own imagination.
If you want to surprise your hacker fellow this Christmas, join us at SecTalks Secret Santa 2015.
The process is simple:
- Sign up using this form (available to members): Based on the information you provide, an algorithm will find a match for you.
- Chat with your match to know them more: Chat in SecTalks IRC server but this time use an anonymous nick. Ask more about him/her to find a perfect gift.
- Give out a gift (and at the same time receive your gift):
- Once you receive your gift, take a photo and Tweet it (it is important!)
- 4 December: Sign up closes.
- 5 December: You receive an email with IRC nickname of your match.
- 13 December: You have time until this date to chat and find more about your match. If you cannot find them online, let us know.
- 20 December: You have time until this date to buy and send/post your gift
Any time your receive your gift, take a photo and Tweet mention @SecTalks.
If you have any questions, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy holidays and gift exchanging.