Date & Time
SecTalks Canberra is held on the second Tuesday of each month. Check out the Meetup page for the latest details and to RSVP.
SecTalks Canberra is currently without a fixed home and will instead be a super underground infosec collective - or you can just check on Meetup/Twitter to see where we’ll be this month :)
- Please bring a laptop along on the night (and your power adapter)
- Install a hypervisor on your laptop. VirtualBox is a good free choice. You can download that here.
- Grab a copy of Kali - avaliable here.
- Internet is available! (but please run updates for your host OS and any VMs before coming along, so you don’t chew up bandwidth)
- People will be more than happy to give you a hand on the night if you’re not confident with virtualisation.
tl;dr - if you rock up with a laptop and a way of running virtual machines you’ll be okay to go on the night.
Want to Speak or Present?
Whether it is a lightning talk, an introduction to a tool or concept, or a hands-on workshop, SecTalks is great place to get feedback and improve on. We encourage first-time speakers and anyone who would like to share their knowledge with the community to get in touch via Twitter or just talking to an organiser after a meetup.
SecTalks is always open to anyone who is keen to learn information security. It’s a community event for students, professionals, hobbyists, curious people and anyone in between. Our community engagements will always be free for participants.
Please check out the Code of Conduct.