D&T: 21 May 2015 - 17:30
!!! START IMPORTANT !!!
An Additional announcement: Sagi is joining the SecTalks Perth organising committee. This is to take a bit of pressure off of nano as he gets busy sometimes and needs a bit of help.
SECTALKS PERTH, TRANSFORM
We are changing formats - We are going to start matching theSydney SecTalks format in order to bring the focus on technical challenges back to SecTalks Perth as we have kinda abandoned CTFS which is sad :(
Sagi will be helping to make this possible, by co-coordinating additional aspects of SecTalks Perth.
!!! END IMPORTANT !!! #1 some stuff about fraud
some stuff about fraud
#2 SecTalks Perth 60MIN CTF EXTRAVAGANZAAA by sagi
This month, we are transforming SecTalks Perth to match the format of Sydney. This includes having a monthly CTF at SecTalks which will last 60 minutes ONLY. The format for this will require some things namely:
- Bring your laptop
- Make sure you can run a OVA file (Virtual Machine) - Install VirtualBox (The challenge will be created with VirtualBox)
- If you want internet access, bring your own mobile/hotspot (I’ll talk to SpaceCubed for future events and see if we can sort some free wifi).
- Based on the number of participates, the group will be randomly divided into teams. PREPARE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS
- Participation in this CTF is under the condition that the winning team builds the next CTF. No Exceptions. If you want to play, know that you will need to do this. if you think you will have trouble with this and would like some guidance, Sagi is the person to contact
- This is a learning excersise for everyone. The idea is to think about problems, make friends and have fun. Don’t treat it like a competition (too much) 7.The winning team is the one who get closest to the solution or solve it within the 60 minutes. Hints will be droppped during the session to move things along if people get stuck.
- Have fun.
- If you are scared, don’t be, the entire excersise is to encourage people to share knowlege and teach each other! worst case scenario Sagi breaks down crying because no-one brought their laptop… (don’t make Sagi cry, he’s very sensitive) )