#1 Why should you care about network forensics
Forget answering “can I be hacked” or even “have I been hacked” the answer to those questions are generally yes. The important questions are “Am i being hacked right now “, “Who is hacking me right now” and “what are they taking”. this presentation will show you how to do network forensics using free* Linux VMs *Free if you happen to have 30 thousand dollars worth of hardware sitting around.
chris and guest speaking elgumso
#2 SecTalks Perth 60MIN CTF EXTRAVAGANZAAA by matt and tony
Don’t forget to bring:
- Bring your laptop
- Make sure you can run a OVA file (Virtual Machine) - Install VirtualBox (The challenge will be created with VirtualBox)
- If you want internet access, spacecubed provides free wifi (dropitlikeitshostpsot).
- Based on the number of participates, the group will be randomly divided into teams. PREPARE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS
- Participation in this CTF is under the condition that the winning team builds the next CTF. No Exceptions. If you want to play, know that you will need to do this. if you think you will have trouble with this and would like some guidance, Sagi is the person to contact
- This is a learning excersise for everyone. The idea is to think about problems, make friends and have fun. Don’t treat it like a competition (too much)
- The winning team is the one who get closest to the solution or solve it within the 60 minutes. Hints will be droppped during the session to move things along if people get stuck.
- Have fun.
- If you are scared, don’t be, the entire excersise is to encourage people to share knowlege and teach each other! ))))”””””